Coconut – nature’s most valuable gift.
I am a huge fan of the coconut and not only recently since the marketing kings discovered its attractive shell. No I have been a fan for many years.
I consider the coconut to be natures greatest gift and the fact that I can get it fresh from the tree every morning if I so desire thrills me to no end.
The coconut is almost as multi talented as hemp. Let me tell you why.
First there is the fresh coconut providing us with its fresh water supply. Neatly sealed within its shell the water is clean, I would go even as far as to say that it is antiseptic. It is high in electrolytes, low in sugar has not far and no cholesterol.
It is ideal breakfast – with an average of about 60 calories per glass it is the real breakfast of champions.
Here some facts based on 100ml:
- Coconut Water is low in calories (60).
- Coconut Water contains lauric acid (it can basically double for breast milk)
- Coconut Water is sterile.
- Coconut Water is a universal donor. (it can double for human blood plasma if the need arises)
- Coconut Water is a natural isotonic beverage.
- Coconut Water contains more potassium (294mg) then banana (yes that means much better then sports drinks and such)
- Coconut Water has very little sodium (25mg)
- Coconut Water has a very low natural sugar count (5mg)
- Coconut Water is very high in chloride. (118mg)
- Coconut Water has no cholesterol and little fat.
And there is more. – Virgin coconut oil.
It will not only boost your digestion and give your foods a unique aroma, but massaged daily into your skin it is worth its weight in gold. Massaged into skin and hair it will reduce wrinkles, heal lacerations and restore your hair.
Copra – what is considered old coconut is still usable for cooking but finds its way also into household as furniture and floor polish.
Personally, I enjoy coconut water almost daily and am a big fan of coconut milk with a little lemon grass and ginger in a broth or maybe a cocktail or two with fresh pineapple – yummy.